I can't believe it's New Year's Eve! This year went by so quickly. As I sit here and write this post I think back to what progress I have made with my art and it brings a little smile to my face.
I had big plans for 2012 and my art, the problem was life gets in the darn way! So many things I wanted to do but didn't get done. If only if! I am going to be nice to myself and not focus on what I didn't do but what I did do.
- Joined Life Book 2012 willowing.ning.com
- Entered into my first juried art show @ Evergreen State Fair
- Said goodbye to heading up the Art Docent program for my Son's elementary school.
- Started my Blog
- Finished the dining room remodel
- I worked very hard on giving up "Perfection"
Have you ever read any books by Dr. Kevin Leman? http://www.drleman.com/store/The Birth Order book was the first one I read. It was such an enlighting book on how our birth order in our family can effect how we act and view life. Being a first born, from an unhealthy family has caused me to be a perfectionist and many other little quirks in life.
Watching my boys and older daughters struggle with perfection and other things really made me want to set a good example for them and the first thing I needed to get over was having to be PERFECT!
I will say just letting that go has been amazing! Now it's not like the perfectionist wakes up but when she does I can recognize it and I put her right back to sleep.
Jackson's teacher has a great saying that we use in our house and that is, " Practice makes Permanent" Another one by Tony Horton, " Do your best and forget the rest" These are words that my family and I are doing our best to live by.
- Taught my first after school art class at Maywood Elementary. I had over 60 kids in two classes and boy I learned what worked and what didn't. I am looking forward to doing this again this year and I am hoping to do a mini summer workshop out back in my studio.
These are just some highlights of 2012. After putting together tons of goals for 2012 I realized thanks to my Husband that I am a baby step kind of girl. I can't and won't jump in head first into anything in life and that is OK as long as I am progressed towards my goals.
So what am I putting on my bucket list for 2013? MORE BABY STEPS!
- Continue making art
- teach a few art classes for kids
- write in my blog every Friday night
- open up an Esty shop.
- working on my skills by taking online classes like Life Book.
- Exercising! That has been something I have been lacking in and I really need to take care of myself. 3 days a week to start. Not too hard to do right?
- Writing up and posting the art lessons I do in the classroom.
- Continue working on not being a perfectionist.
- Enter another juried art show
- send in some art to Somerset Studio in hopes to be published! Even a little spot would make my year!
- spending more quality time with my family. Less working on the house and more time spent hiking, exploring and creating with my family.
What are you goals? I would love to hear from you about what you wish to accomplish this coming new year!
Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR!