Thursday, September 4, 2014

Curiouser and Curiouser

I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.  Lewis Carroll.

That is one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite fairy tales,  "Alice and Wonderland".  Today I finished my latest art piece called, "Curiouser and Curiouser".

Don't mind my messy table!  I normally will take a picture and crop it so that I can create prints but because the wood substrate I used was curved I couldn't get a clean line without cutting off some part of the piece. So I started to play with it in Photoshop. My skills in Photoshop have come a long way but I still have a long way to go. I usually play with the color and contrast but while messing around trying to figure out how to cut out the background while leaving the picture in tact I discovered a happy accident!  So after several changes I have created a fun print of  "Curiouser and Curiouser".

I think Alice might have been hanging out with the Cheshire Cat! If you like the print it will be available in my Etsy shop. If interested in the original please contact me. 

I had a lot of fun creating Alice, thanks for checking out what I have been up to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to comment on any of my posts. If you try a project and you have pictures please post them I would love to see them!

I hope you enjoy reading about my journey in the world of art and crafts.

Happy Creating!
Lesa B.