Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fairyland Zine

This year along with life Book I have been taking another year long online class Called, "The Year of the Fairytale" created and taught by Carla Sonheim. www.carlasonheim.com.  Carla is the author of The art of Silliness and the Drawing Lab. She lives here in the Seattle area too.  Although I haven't really had much time to do all the work from the class I have enjoyed her lesson and discovering old and new to me fairytales.  Plus I have learned a few new technics to play around with. 
Recently we did a lesson on the Princess and the Pea and Carla asked all of us to participate in creating a zine.  We had to think of something other than the pea to put under the bed and so I created Princess and the Dragon.  In my illustration the princess doesn't know what she is going to do with all these dragons.  My illustration is on page 71.  It was fun to create this little piece and I love seeing other classmates illustrations too.  Click the link below to be taken to the zine.  Hope you enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to comment on any of my posts. If you try a project and you have pictures please post them I would love to see them!

I hope you enjoy reading about my journey in the world of art and crafts.

Happy Creating!
Lesa B.