Friday, August 9, 2013

Some new creations made from lessons in Life Book

I can't believe it's August time is flying by!  I continued my journey with Life Book again this year. Life Book is a year long art group with online lessons from so many great artists. http://willowing.ning.com/.  I haven't been able to do every lesson this year as I would have liked to(there are so many you really get your money's worth!) but I recently finished two pieces from weeks 30 and 31. See below.

This one above I call Sassy Girl.  It is from week 30 with artist Dina Wakely.  It's on a 8" by 10" canvas board. Stamps, stencils, acrylics, water colors, rub ons and inks were used to create this piece.


This one is called, "My Journey, My Choice" it is in honor of a friend that has been going through some tough times right now.  It is from the lesson created by Jeanette Maisy House for week 31.
It is on water color paper. I used, acrylics, water color, molding paste, white pen, pencil and prima color pencils.  The black wings are from a kids box set that I found in a second hand store. The set had everything butterflies. Books, stickers, stencils and tattoo's.  These were from a page that was supposed to look like stained glass. The raised ornate pieces are stickers I found on clearance I think at Michaels a while back. They are bright white but I used some black paint over them to blend them better into the painting.

I really enjoyed creating these pieces. I even shrunk down a copy of My Journey and created a necklace. See below.


Happy Creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to comment on any of my posts. If you try a project and you have pictures please post them I would love to see them!

I hope you enjoy reading about my journey in the world of art and crafts.

Happy Creating!
Lesa B.